Friday, October 8, 2010

Fort Worth

Well, to everyone's surprise (and my own), I quit my job on Monday. Not to my surprise, my hips were the reason. They can't handle standing in one place all day, and that's exactly what I had to do all day. And the machines were too short for me so I was always stooped over. =[ So, it's back on the job hunt for me. Yay. Hopefully it won't be toooo bad.. and maybe I can still get a job at Petsmart where I could sit down behind the register. We'll see I supppose.

Quitting my job, however, freed me up for a few days to drive down to TX with mom, val, and Kayleen. I'll be here until Tuesday and flying home to Denver that afternoon. It's so hot here compared to home!! I'm croaking in the humidity again. haha. I didn't think it would be this big of a difference! Lindsey says the weather is gonna be really cool when I get home though, so I'm excited about that. Oh dear, listen to me..... I'm excited about cold weather. =p

Having the family in Denver with us was so much fun! We went to several different state parks, drove to Estes Park together, had a girls night, went shopping together, and all kinds of fun stuff. It was lovely to have everyone stay in the apartment with us, although it was rather cramped though! I didn't mind a bit though (except I slightly minded the constant mess. haha) because we got to spend all the more time with them. I think they really liked Denver, which is wonderful news for those of us who live in Denver and want them close by!

I'm super exhausted from driving yesterday and the day before. We decided to break the trip down here into 2 days for mom's sake, and it worked out pretty well but was very long. I drove most of the way, until about an hour outside of Fort Worth when my exhaustion caught up with me and started crying in the McDonalds parking lot. ha. For those of you who know how often I cry... I was really tired.

I have some really great pics to post from the week with the family, but way too many to post on here, so I'll be putting them on facebook here in the next day or two. :)

Miss my Steph and Lindsey! And Corin! And the coolness! ;)

2 comments:

  1. We all miss you too! The leaves are changing fast! Can't wait to have you home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too Nanner! And I think we're all looking forward to the cold weather since most of us in the apartment have never lived in a cold climate :)Snow boots here we come!!!

    ReplyDelete