Tuesday, August 24, 2010

because

good days rarely last. *sigh* I was having a really good day, until I asked Steph if she could not play a movie tonight and she said 'no'. It just snapped that little piece of me that is, sadly, so easily snapped by certain things. That, on top of being so damn cold and missing my real home, just made for a nasty turn to the evening.

So, it's 11:15 at night and I'm sitting out on the patio swing, trying to get warm. *sigh*

Tomorrow Lindsey and I are going to a job fair at the new Four Seasons hotel that is opening a few minutes from here. I am super excited, because hopefully it's a job I might actually be able to get. I think it would be really neat to work at a hotel; when I was a kid, my little sisters and I used to make 'hotels' in the leaves in our backyard and pretend we ran our own hotel. It would be kinda surreal to actually end up working for one! And if I don't get the job... well, I think you guys might find me in a mental institution. ha....

I applied for several other jobs online this morning, although I don't expect to hear from any of them. I also cleaned the whole apartment and made some cookies. It was good to be alone for a while, and have the apartment to myself.

I think that's what I really need: a place of my own. A place where I make the rules. A place where I rarely turn the AC on. A place where I can only watch tv every once in a while; and sleep in complete darkness. hehe. Someday, Han, someday soon.

Steph and I went for a walk this afternoon down Pennsylvania Street to 7th Street. Then we walked a long ways down 7th, and it was so beautiful! 7th st. is apparently where a lot of the rich, residential homes are, and they are amazing grand. The architecture and the gardens... oooh, it was such a treat to see. I'll definitely be frequenting that street more often. :)

My leg is asleep. Not like a usual asleep though, more of a dead, numb asleep. Ewww, it feels really unpleasent.

I didn't work out today, but I did do my hip exercises, and I think all that walking must count for something.

We watched The Backup Plan tonight. Aside from having some extremely awkward moments, it was rather hilarious. I'm not sure I ever want to have a baby now though. ha... Maybe I'll just adopt... that sounds a lot less painful.

I really need Dakota to snuggle up to tonight, but alas, she is 1500 miles away. I could start walking, I suppose, but I'd definitely die of some reason before I got there. *sigh* I'm just glad she is in such a wonderful home with my loving Meag to be her buddy.

Oh Lord, why do you do this to me??

No comments:

Post a Comment